7/29/13. Just came back from a wonderful exploration trip around Upstate NY, which I love for its nature and recreational activities; had a fab time canoeing and picnicking on the river! I’m on the summer fun mode, so here is my summery bio primer:
Me: traveler, author, speaker, investor, feng shui master, shaman, futurist, animal & nature lover. Author of top-rated visionary/metaphysical fantasies and mystery/thrillers based on conspiracies, true history and world events. Presently camping out on beautiful planet Earth.
Fave camping activity: Imagine a warm night on a beautiful river bank, or a lovely sea shore. The moon is bright in the sky and the gentle ebb and flow of water is singing a soothing lullaby. We are quietly chatting by the fire while roasting those delish potatoes in the flame. A guitar helps.
Lada Ray is a writer, feng shui master, world traveler, linguist, financial consultant, nature/animal lover and spirituality & metaphysics researcher.
Born in Russia, Lada always wanted to write cool stories, which she’d been imagining in her head ever since she can remember. Instead, she listened to her well-meaning parents and started her life in a more traditional way (for her, that is.) Lada holds a Master’s Degree in comparative linguistics (graduated summa cum laude,) is fluent in several languages and has traveled to over twenty six countries worldwide. She had worked in Havana, Cuba as an interpreter for the Russian educational exchange delegations, including a couple of interviews with the man himself – Fidel Castro.
In the USA, she published articles in the Hartford Courant & taught Russian on cable TV. Then, something inexplicable possessed her to work as a financial consultant for AIG and Smith Barney/ Citigroup. But later, she came back to her senses and quit the corporate world to pursue her dreams. She traveled to Asia to study with the revered Hong Kong Masters of Feng Shui and obtained her International Master’s Certification (graduated first in class) with Lillian Too, world-renowned feng shui author and teacher. Lada authored over thirty articles on feng shui and spirituality and taught her proprietary feng shui courses.
Presently, she imagines her stories in the bustling New York City and beautifully serene Upstate New York, where she lives with her family and calico cat.
Lada is the author of: Accidental Spy Adventure Series (including GOLD TRAIN, Accidental Spy Russia Adventure, Stepford USA, and Green Desert); CATHARSIS, Legend of the Lemurians (Earth Keepers Chronicles 1); and THE EARTH SHIFTER, new metaphyscial YA fantasy/thriller set in Moscow, Siberia, New York and mythical realms of Heaven & Earth.
For years, I was afraid to take a risk. As we all grow up being conditioned by our society and parents, so did I.
And this was my conditioning: I broke through the Iron Curtain, moved across oceans and continents, traveled to exotic countries, translated foreign languages, worked for major companies and mastered new professions… but in all that time I was utterly terrified to do something totally unchartered and intimidating – sitting down and writing a book.
My fear is gone. I’ve done my share of the same-old-same-old routine! It’s time to explore that which is aching to be explored – the murky waters of the human psyche, the dangerous landscapes of what was, and the fascinating, undiscovered world of what can be. As I make the most crucial and courageous step of my life, I am finally sitting down at my desk to write these words. I am officially the explorer of the ultimate frontier, located right here, at my computer.
I am ready for new adventures! Are you?
FuturisTrendcast Blog - our past, present & future beyond the obvious
Check out my “ACCEPTANCE SPEECH”
I want to thank the Academy and my distinguished colleagues for nominating me… ahem… ahem… Here, I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself that prove how versatile I am.
That’s a tough one… Okay, let’s try:
1. I was born in Moscow, Russia, but since the ripe age of 2 lived and traveled all over the world.
2. My entire family was connected to travel and various modes of transportation, including trains, ships and space ships. Despite that, my preferred way of getting around is plain old walking.
3. The only mode of transportation I never managed to become personal friends with is… the bicycle, despite the fact that my husband is an accomplished cyclist and I love watching Le Tour de France (primarily because of awesome castles).
4. By the age of 38 I managed to have 3 different successful careers on 3 different continents… And then I decided to follow my dreams and started writing. Little did I know what I was getting myself into!
5. My life – and writing – is intrinsically connected to 3 largest and most powerful countries on the planet: USA, Russia and China. But I would much prefer to live in the world without power struggles and borders.
6. Despite having had a high powered career and having traveled extensively, or perhaps because of that, my preferred residence is my writing retreat in the quiet Catskill Mountains, NY.
7. After I started writing, I found myself busier than I’ve ever been. And that’s saying a lot coming from a former stock broker. I have big plans for my future books, and writing is always my No. 1 fun, but I am equally determined to find more time to meditate and be with nature.
Yet another “ACCEPTANCE SPEECH”
In line with the title, One Lovely Blog Award, these are some of the things in this world I love most:
- My husband and my family;
- Creating cool new stories and making them come alive on paper;
- As an internationally certified feng shui master practitioner I love helping people make their residences more harmonious and beautiful;
- Flowers, animals and nature;
- Really great movies and beautiful music;
- Travel and adventures big and small.
And another award: SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
I really like this one! Check out my “acceptance speech” together with some awesome new pics of Russia by clicking the image below!
Yay! Two brand new awards! Check out my Award Party complete with beautiful new pics of Russia!
More awards and other good stuff here!