Blog, Blogger, Catskill Mountains, China, Moscow, Russia, USA, VBA, Versatile Blogger Award
I received the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA) from author and blogger, Mike Edwards!
Here is the link to Mike’s post: http://worldadventurers.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/i-received-the-versatile-blogger-award/
According to my esteemed sponsor, Mike Edwards, here is what VBA is all about:
What is it?
As far as I can tell — details are rather sketchy and only the creator knows for sure — this lofty-sounding award is basically a mutual admiration society where bloggers recognize their peers for writing quality blogs that touched them in some way. The VBAs honor the blogger rather than specific posts. It’s a chance for bloggers to pat themselves on the back like the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does with the Oscars. Until someone starts giving out Blogscars, the VBAs will have to suffice.
What are the criteria?
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I nominated 15 outstanding bloggers below. Congratulations!
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Thank you, Mike! I am truly honored and touched!
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Link to Mike’s blog, World Adventurers: http://worldadventurers.wordpress.com/
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
The envelope, please…
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
And the nominees/winners are (in no particular order):
1. Different Outcomes Blog by Jason Sullivan http://differentoutcomes.wordpress.com/
2. BooksReview4U by J.J. Collins http://booksreview4u.wordpress.com/
3. Jambalian by Alan McDermott http://jambalian.blogspot.com/
4. Writing Straight by Holy Michael http://writingstraight.com/
5. Kate’s Reads http://kates-reads.blogspot.com/
6. 1EarthNow by Madelaine Walsh http://1earthnow.wordpress.com/
7. Jack Whitsel http://jwhitsel.wordpress.com/
8. The Bad Luck Detective by Suzie Ivy http://badluckdetective.wordpress.com/
9. Wordsfromanelli by Anelli Purchase http://wordsfromanneli.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/all-up-in-the-hills/#comment-832
10. Life in the Realm of Fantasy by Connie Jasperson http://conniejjasperson.wordpress.com/
11. The HeSo Project by Tracy http://thehesoproject.wordpress.com/
12. Be Encouraged by Lynn Emery http://beencouraged.wordpress.com/
13. A Library of Our Own by Debbie http://alibraryofourown.blogspot.com/
14. The Manicheans by Johanna Pitcairn http://themanicheans.wordpress.com/
15. Flash Bites by Krista Bunskoek http://flashbites.wordpress.com/
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My “ACCEPTANCE SPEECH”
I want to thank the Academy and my distinguished colleagues for nominating me… ahem… ahem… Here, I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself that prove how versatile I am 😉
That’s a tough one… Okay, let’s try:
1. I was born in Moscow, Russia, but since the ripe age of 2 lived and traveled all over the world.
2. My entire family was connected to travel and various modes of transportation, including trains, ships and space ships. Despite that, my preferred way of getting around is plain old walking.
3. The only mode of transportation I never managed to become personal friends with is… the bicycle, despite the fact that my husband is an accomplished cyclist and I love watching Le Tour de France (primarily because of awesome castles).
4. By the age of 38 I managed to have 3 different successful careers on 3 different continents… And then I decided to follow my dreams and started writing. Little did I know what I was getting myself into 😉
5. My life – and writing – is intrinsically connected to 3 largest and most powerful countries on the planet: USA, Russia and China. But I would much prefer to live in the world without power struggles and borders 🙂
6. Despite having had a high powered career and having traveled extensively, or perhaps because of that, my preferred residence is my writing retreat in the quiet Catskill Mountains, NY.
7. After I started writing, I found myself busier than I’ve ever been. And that’s saying a lot coming from a former stock broker. I have big plans for my future books, and writing is always the biggest fun, but I am equally determined to find more time to meditate and be with nature.
Congrats to the new VBA winners, and thanks again to my friend, Mike Edwards!
Lada Ray is a world traveler, nature lover, financial consultant, feng shui master and author of psychological mystery/thriller Stepford USA and GOLD TRAIN, gripping mystery/thriller set in Russia and based on true historic events. A new fantasy/thriller, THE EARTH SHIFTER, & mystery/thriller, DRAGON GATE, coming in 2012!
To learn more about Lada’s books and projects visit http://www.LadaRay.com
Big thumbs up! Three cheers for Lada!
Thanks, dear. Hope you liked my acceptance speech 😉
Donna B. McNicol [@donnabmcnicol] said:
Love your personal facts…and living in the Catskills, wonderful! Adding you to my blog reader. 😉
Thanks so much, Donna! Very much appreciate it 🙂 Have a wonderful day!
Krista Bunskoek said:
Congratulations ladaray! You deserve it! And thanks for the nomination!
Thanks, Krista 🙂
Pingback: The Versatile Blogger Award « Jack Whitsel
daoud alahmad said:
Beautiful blog , I enjoy .
Thanks so much! 🙂
Thanks so much! I’m post this tomorrow.
Pingback: I received the Versatile Blogger Award! | The HeSo Project
David C. Cassidy said:
Congratulations, Lada! You’re not just a Versatile Blogger, but a versatile woman! 🙂
Thanks, David 🙂
Kate's Reads (@KatesReads) said:
Thank you for the honor Lada!! Meant to post this before but I’ve been crazy busy.
Thanks for all of your support too! Can’t wait to read more of your work!
Hi Kate, great to hear from you! You’re very welcome – you deserve it. I’ll keep in touch about my future books 🙂
Russel Ray Photos said:
Yeah! Yahoo! & one more Congratulations!
Pingback: Award Party on Lada Ray Blog + Beautiful New Photos of Russia! « Lada Ray Blog